Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Oct 2013
The VCOA Forum is open for non-member participation! You do not need to be a paid VCOA member to post and respond to forum threads.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Little River-Academy Texas Saturday April 21 2018.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Little River-Academy Texas Saturday April 21 2018. 2 weeks 20 hours ago #3175

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 92
Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Little River-Academy Texas Saturday April 21 2018.

Open to all interested parties. No RSVP - roll in and enjoy the free beans and tamales. Drinks and donuts crank up about 9am and the kitchen closes at 6pm.

LR-A is on Texas State Highway 95 at Farm Road 436 just south of Hebbronville, north of Mountain Home, west of Stringtown and east of Childer's Mill all in Bell County but good luck finding them on the current map.

Professor Tommy Daniel, owner and proprietor of the Little River Yacht Club and Retreat, will share the shady grove of ancient Oak trees that surrounds his newly-built hacienda adjacent to the old home place. If you wish to fish bring your tackle. No license is needed to lose your favorite lure on private property.

Tommy is a retired Professor of Agriculture at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and the proud owner of a spectacular Volvo PV445 which you will be allowed to touch BEFORE touching the tamales.

We have no schedule or itinerary so just pop in any time between 9am and 6pm.

Should the 1947 PV 444 fail to start hop in to your 2018 XC90 and roll on in. This assembly is a "GO" rain or shine. Be prepared for Texas Spring weather!

The LRYC&R is located at 110 West Main Street. Look for that private "Daniel" street sign at the gravel drive heading north off of FM 436 between SH95 and old Highway 95 (The Camino Real) in downtown Little River.

For more information and updates contact Tommy at 479-six zero 1-61 six 0 and/or tdaniel at uark dot edu

See y'all in April!
--
Thanks.

George Dill

EDIT: Should you desire to pass along this notice to fellow Volvo Lovers below are two short cuts to the page you are currently viewing...

tinyurl.com/yb554rap

tinyurl dot com slash yb554rap

--

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by gdill3. Reason: edit

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Little River-Academy Texas Saturday April 21 2018. 1 week 1 day ago #3199

• Lou960
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks George. LRA is a great location for me as I'm down toward the other end of SH 90. I just found a vintage Yakima roof rack for my 1997 960, think I have the coolant leaks sorted. So I can trust the 960 50 miles from home. Look forward to the meet-up.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Little River-Academy Texas Saturday April 21 2018. 1 day 17 hours ago #3206

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 92
If you get lost that Saturday and find yourself in downtown Georgetown before 10am cruise the Courthouse Square and ogle the antique cars and hotrods doing "Pistons on the Square" (third Saturday of every month).
If this makes you hungry roll two blocks north to the Monument Cafe (now closes at 3pm). Be sure to leave tummy space for Beans by Chef Daniel. The tamales will be an import from the upscale Central Market in Temple.

Below is a map (thanks, go ogle) sharing some past and future about the Little River Yacht Club.

Enjoy!

George Dill

--
Attachments:

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.

Latest Classifieds