Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 9 months ago #2388

• Lou960
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Re my 960 driver's seat: I got a price of 400.00 to re-leather the seat. Cheaper to buy a correct used seat from a recycler for 200.00. Also, I found seat covers designed specifically for the 850-960, in Europe (Greece), for 80.00 each. So I'm buying two seat covers, to keep the original seats and match the two front seats up, and stay in my budget.

Question on 960 radiator: There is a capped stub-out midway on the right side, it is dripping, and I cannot find a part number for the end cap (rubber) and clamp. All I find are complete radiators. The coolant loss is slow, but needs fixing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 8 months ago #2391

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 133
While Lou is fixing his 960 here is a flyer for the get-together compliments of Chris Ng (crazychopstick) in Austin...

George Dill
Attachments:

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 8 months ago #2415

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
August bump.

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 8 months ago #2416

• Palantir
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks George! I'll make every effort. That's a busy weekend (Formula 1 in Austin, Houston Air show). That wouldn't dissuade me, but I have a 7 year old son and in-laws to contend with.
Lovingly preserved and original '67 122S
Rough and rambunctious B20 swapped '65 PV544

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 8 months ago #2417

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Palantir wrote: Thanks George! I'll make every effort. That's a busy weekend (Formula 1 in Austin, Houston Air show). That wouldn't dissuade me, but I have a 7 year old son and in-laws to contend with.

On your drive to watch qualifying at The Circuit of Americas detour by the Monument Café so we can take some pics of your spectacular green Amazon!

Thanks.

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 8 months ago #2423

• Lou960
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks George. I will bring my 1997 960 sedan. I have been working on it, learning the ropes on this complicated vehicle. All good for a retired engineer. The 960 drive train is excellent, surprising power. October 17 is my 70th birthday, so the meet is a nice birthday event for me.

Latest Classifieds