Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2516

• Robert855T5
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Lou. Thanks. I'll check out the seat and covers in Georgetown. I know about pouring $ into the ol girl. The 855 is my first Volvo I bought from an Indy, paid too much and spent too much for his service. Doing most all of my own work now. Had 109k when I got it, burnt a valve at 209k and it has 274k today. Its my commuter, about 75 a day. Although I know have a 05XC70 and 06
S60R with 6 speed. The ol red 855 is my favorite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2517

• Lou960
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Robert,

The seat covers can be ordered online from www.topcar-athens.com , they are Rainbow seat covers for Volvo, and are compatible with the airbags. Two of them delivered were about $180 USD. The 1997 960 is my second Volvo, I also owned a 1985 740 Turbo Wagon. I am a retired engineer, turning 70 next month, and I do all I can myself (there are limits to this), buy the parts online. I did an 80 mile commute a day myself for years from Lee Cty to a state agency in Austin, but in Ford Focus cars. The 960 is an impressive driver, and the size, visibility, sound system are all top drawer. The 2.92 L inline 6 cyl engine has great torque and in the 'Sporty" drive selector position it moves out smartly. I am currently working to eliminate all the coolant leaks. Amazingly I found that the bolts on the water pump were not torqued down properly, and one bolt was working its way out and was dripping coolant. Next I am changing the engine oil cooler hoses.

Lou

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2518

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 133
From Alex Weber at the Monument Café...

"George, we will see you on the 22nd (of October)! Alex"

Y'all all better get that engine back in the 242 as this meet is just a few short weeks ahead.

Thanks.

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2519

• Robert855T5
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Agreed

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 6 months ago #2564

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
October bump.

Hint - when driving in and around Georgetown, Texas, on a Friday afternoon and/or Saturday avoid all major numbered/lettered highways, all streets/intersections near a shopping center/Walmart/HEB and all intersections requiring a left turn.

DSIDWY.

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 6 months ago #2566

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
From my email...

I'm a coming George. Either in the XC70 or the S60R. I bent my 855 a couple of weeks ago. Not bad, LH front fender and directional light. Gathering parts for the repair.

Robert Dodd

Robert lives in Bulverde, Texas, north of San Antonio.

vcoa.org/forum/profile/4767-robert855t5

George Dill

Last edit: by gdill3. Reason: add

Latest Classifieds