Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 8 months ago #2427

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 133
Texas Chapter has a new president - Chris Ng of Austin, Texas...

vcoa.org/forum/94-Southwest-Chapters/1285-texas-chapter-has-a-new-president-chris-ng

George Dill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2491

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
September bump - y'all come, heah?!

Thanks.

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2509

• Robert855T5
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
George
Count me in. I like Lou could use some leather in my 97 855T5 if anyone has a suggestion in central TX.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2512

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Robert855T5 wrote: George
Count me in. I like Lou could use some leather in my 97 855T5 if anyone has a suggestion in central TX.

Check with Lou, he may still have the contact for Mr. Hastings on Dusty Lane between Temple and Belton. They are expensive but do top-notch work.

Do you still have the XC70 with alarm and idle problems?

George Dill

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2513

• Robert855T5
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Will do Mr. Hastings on Dusty Lane between Temple and Belton. Lou, could you provide the contact please?

Yes, I have the XC70 and have everything other than the Alarm under control for now. I think the only choice is to get a new alarm module. Person I bought it from replaced it with one from the bone yard, replaced the battery, but it still doesn't work. I get the message that it requires service every time the car is started after it has been locked. From what I read this is a pretty common problem with all of the models that use it. POS system...

Idle Problem: Change the MAP sensor which helped but what really fixed it was cleaning the throttle body. I pulled the intake and changed the flame trap stuff, cleaned the goo out throttle body, replaced all the vacuum lines, clean all up in general and it idles as advertised. I have since change the water pump and timing belt as I had no idea how many miles were on it. All went well except I was one tooth retarded on the intake cam. Corrected that and she's running fine.

Volvo Car Lovers Get-Together Saturday October 22 2016 Georgetown Texas 4 years 7 months ago #2515

• Lou960
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
To Robert855T5

D&K Upholstery
6815 Dusty Ln, Temple 76502, 254-845-7862

I actually got a price from Eddie's Detailing & Interior, 300 W 4th Taylor (512-352-39350, for $400.00 for one seat. It is way cheaper to buy a correct salvage seat online for about 180.00 ea. plus shipping. And I actually ended up buying 2 custom seat covers, for the Volvo 800 and 900 series front seats, for about $80.00 each plus shipping from a supplier in the EU (Greece). I have installed the one I need now, driver's seat, and the fit is nearly perfect, it is subtle, durable. You'll see it when I bring my 960 to the meet-up. My intent is to keep my 1997 960 an original survivor car, and not pour excessive money into it. I bought it from the 2nd owner in Austin with 136k miles. I am doing everything I possibly can myself, but have had Vol-Tech in Austin do a couple things somewhat beyond me.

Latest Classifieds