Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Sat. Oct. 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas. 1 year 6 months ago #4062

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136
Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Saturday, October 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas.

My phone rings – it is Tommy Daniel of Little River-Academy inquiring as to the next Texas-area Volvo car meeting. My first thought was to share this link with him…

www.angelfire.com/tx/texaschaptervcoa/page32.html

…to inform him of the search for new leadership.

But, no, instead we agreed on the above meeting date at his place, the Little River Yacht Club at Lake Hazel. Details to follow.

By the way, the Volvo Club of America will hold the 2021 national meet during the Labor Day weekend…

vcoa.org/index.php/events/national-events

So, my fellow Volvo Car Lovers and Loverettes, let us plan for the future by rebuilding our enthusiasm for an amiable assembly of like-minded humans eager to once again share our bonds to an inanimate object and to each other.

Love Dem Balbos!

George Dill

254-541-2199 mobile anytime.

volvotexasdill at lycos dot com

www.angelfire.com/tx/texaschaptervcoa/index.html

--
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gdill3. Reason: fix

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Sat. Oct. 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas. 1 year 2 months ago #4177

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Just off the phone with a Volvo Lover near Dallas who had purchased new from Nils Sefeldt Volvo in Houston a 1990 Volvo 240DL in that eye-pleasing medium Blue exterior.
I mentioned that we were planning a Texas Volvo Car Lovers' get-together in October 2021 and the owner said there was a good chance that a drive to Little River-Academy was on the calendar.

Here is a preview of this immaculate sparkling Volvo Classic...

See y'all in October!

George Dill

--
Attachments:

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Sat. Oct. 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas. 1 year 1 month ago #4210

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Update – May 26, 2021.

Rain and more rain – lovit!

Lake Hazel is brim-full and cascading over the spillway. Giahugic catfish are struggling to find deep water while the perch just go along for the ride.

“You get a line and I’ll get a pole…”

Also bring your heat as the Texas State government is saying its ok to pack in plain sight.

Just jestin’ – Tommy has guns enough for all plus a setup to test your flinching skills.

We have decided to skip the food catering scene so bring your own eats and drinks.

Also pack some folding chairs/tables/canopies etc. as we expect a big turnout.

Tommy built his ideal retirement palace a few years back. He is keeping his mother’s (Hazel) house in good order including two restroom facilities. The palace has two palatial bathrooms.

All is a “GO”.

George Dill
--

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Sat. Oct. 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas. 1 year 1 month ago #4215

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Volvo Car Lovers in Texas and the USA and the Universe have in the last 25 years (or so) been bombed with emails from me on the subject of "Volvo" and here is my recently-sent message...
---
Volvo Car Lovers Get-together and Email Clean-up from George Dill.
You have heard it many times:” …my PC crashed and…”
The email addresses that I am working with are a download from my 25-year-old MSN email contacts. This means that not a few of “y’all” are already reaching for the “Delete” tap as you have never owned a Volvo car and have no idea whomsoever this guy Dill may be.
If so, please reply “STOP” so I can purge my Volvo Lovers List which at one time had 900+ addresses.
Thanks.
Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Saturday, October 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas.
For details and updates visit tinyurl.com/5bn7r3sj
See y’all in October!
George Dill
254-541-2199
---
...and here are some shareable replies...

---
--
James Balletine
Lots of sympathy from me. Been there, done that.
--
Daryl Anderson
Looking forward to it George!!
--
Eric Shin
George, great to hear from you! Keep our email address! I hope you are doing well. We still have our delightful 122S wagon and have no intention of changing that any time soon. Cheers!
--
George - I will mark the date and place and hope I can make it in October. I bought my 1st Volvo in 1967 at Ft Rucker, AL. It is a 1956 P444, and I still have it. It has not run since 1970, but I did start and run the engine in 1988, then ran out of time and moved back to Texas. I have been towing it wherever I went ever since, and still have not found the time to restore it. I have owned the P-444, a 544, a 145 (sta. wagon, a 760 GLE, an 1800 E. I loved them all. Hope to be there in October.
Charlie Densford Georgetown, TX
--
"A voice in the wilderness"
George: Your email list, though antiquated, has my correct address and I
appreciate your occasional input to those of us infected with the Volvo Virus.
While I may not venture forth on every occasion, I would still like to
remain aware of any opportunity to mingle with my fellow Volvophiles -
should I be able.
Thanks for your efforts!
Phil Turner (Goofy old guy from Missouri with the Red 544)
--
---
Here is Daryl Anderson's 240...

Can you ID those fancy wheels?
---
More replies...
--
Pete Callamaras Mon 5/31/2021
Owning two Volvo 1800 series cars (coupe and wagon) please keep me on the list!!
Pete C.
--
Bjorn Nilsson Mon 5/31/2021
Greetings, Mr. Dill.
I wish NOT to be deleted from this list of yours, as I one day hope to make it over the TX-LA border for one of the meetings y'all arrange there. Life has so far successfully prohibited me from partaking in your events, but I hope to thwart this winning strike life has.
Sincerely, Bjorn Nilsson
--
Nicholas Tosie Sun 5/30/2021
Good morning George! Good to hear from you.
Nick Tosie here, still active in Volvos but living in St Louis Missouri still. Keep me on the list- I still get to Texas some for work, not as frequently due to Covid, so I might make an event or two.
I still have those VCOA national meet panoramic pictures you gave me, they’re framed and hanging in my kitchen.
4 Volvos here now:
1973 1800ES, yellow, manual
2000 V70R, laser blue, manual swap (since ‘07)
2005 S60R, grey, 29k miles- from same estate as the 1800EZ
2014 XC60 R design, passion red
Hope you’re doing well and look forward to seeing you at a Volvo event.
Nick Tosie
--
Here are Nick's Volvos...

--
Kerry Osterhom Sat 5/29/2021
George,
Please keep me on your list,
Thanks. Kerry
--
Toni VanLoan Fri 5/28/2021 George, I am still secretary (of Volvo Sports America), and live in CT and I have had this email address since 1997. [and have rented this domain name for another decade. I can't come to Texas for your event but wish you well with it. Best. Toni
--
V BigDog Tue 6/1/2021
Hi George, please keep me on the list! '66 P220
Thanks, Tom Samuelson Massachusetts
--
Robert Dodd Tue 6/1/2021
Keep me on your list George, still own 3 of them. Plan to make the National meet at Gettysburg in September. I’ll plan for this October local meet as well.
Robert Dodd
--
Bill Langdon Tue 6/1/2021
We're still kickin’, glad you are too.
--
Duncan LaBay Wed 6/2/2021
I'm still here, George.
Duncan
--
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021
Subject: Anything new.
Hi George. This is Barry over in Harker Heights. I was laid off (and retired) in February. Still trying to get started fixing the old 122s .
Did you see the youtube video my daughter made to audition for the Garage squad TV Show? Never heard from them :-(

Need parts maybe (driver's door, hood, bumpers) Nothing has to be concours. The hood can probably be fixed. The driver's door was hit pretty hard and is probably best replaced, but who knows if a good body man could fix it... (It was repaired by a body shop 40 years ago but it doesn't close right and I know I drilled a bunch of holes in it to get enough of the dent pulled out back then just to be able to open it. The hood got a depression smashed in it by the moving company when they let it roll up under a suv on the trailer and the ball hitch on the suv dug into the hood. Rolf Larson looked at the video and said the cam may have a bad lobe. I think the whole motor needs going through. Transmission jumps out of 1st if the clutch is in. Probably just the spring on the ball detent?
Any meetings coming up? Know anybody with a secret stash of parts?
Take care.
Barry Wilkinson
--
QUICK QUIZ!

Name the four original founders of the Volvo Club of America.

George Dill
Attachments:

Last edit: by gdill3. Reason: add more and more

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Sat. Oct. 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas. 11 months 6 days ago #4269

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Today is Friday, July 30, 2021.

Just off the phone with Professor Tommy Daniel.
We are in the process of finalizing some details for this meet.
He reminded me that in one of his outbuildings sits a trailer load of used but good Volvo PV parts. This stash will be hauled up to the meeting place for one and all to fondle and embrace. All items are free.
Here are some pics…

tinyurl.com/d6batb5d

Speaking of old Volvos – Tommy and I have been seeking a competent mechanic to do a full rebuild of the B16B engine in Tommy’s ’59 445. No luck but still searching.

A gentle reminder…
This Volvo Car Lovers Get-together is open to all interested parties be ye a Volvo owner or not. No RSVP necessary. Come as you are even if you drive a Subaru.
Thanks.
George Dill
254-541-2199.
--

Volvo Car Lovers Get-together Sat. Oct. 16, 2021, Little River-Academy, Texas. 10 months 1 week ago #4282

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yet another Texas Volvo Lover is resurrecting a Classic Swede this time it is Dave in Austin with his P220 122S Amazon Estate Wagon.

His email shows that he has happily discovered Joe Lazenby's Susquehanna Spares in PA...

----
George,
Sorry for my slow response, but I just heard back from Joe Lazenby this morning regarding my question to him about several parts. He has been and still is out of town but apparently will be returning in a few days. He felt he probably had what I needed but would confirm inventory and respond with prices when he returns. My most urgent need was the tailgate latch parts, but I also asked him about a better tail light trim plus a set of used grille inserts. Thank you for directing me to Joe. It sounds encouraging! I will stay in touch, and look forward to meeting you in October at Academy if my schedule cooperates.
David Anderson
----
Just six weeks 'til this Texas gathering which should give you Texas folks attending the really big VCOA National Meet this Labor Day weekend just about enough time to recover and roll out to Little River-Academy, Texas.

George Dill

--

Latest Classifieds