Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Oct 2017
Well, you've probably noticed by now that things look a little different around here. You are a keen observer!

The whole site is new and that includes all of the software that drives this forum. With probably over 10,000 settings and hundreds of back-end programs trying to talk to one another, there are bound to be a few glitches that we haven't discovered yet. So, if you happen to stumble upon anything that just doesn't seem right, give us a shout and we'll try to sort it out.

Thanks for using the VCOA Forum and enjoy the new look!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question Driver door locks preventing entry

Driver door locks preventing entry 3 years 9 months ago #1065

• JeffForst
  • JeffForst's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I have a 2012 XC60 with keyless entry and I carry that unit with me rather than leave in car. I've had recent issues where the driver door locks and prevents entry. For example, I open drivers door, realize I need to get into hatch, so I close the door, put luggage in the hatch and then try to get into drivers seat, but door is now locked while all other doors are open. I'm not sure why this is occurring but the only way I was able to correct after multiple tries, was to lock all doors and then open ...again this took a couple of tries. Another time, I started car from drivers seat, exited to chip ice off car. When I was ready to get back into car, the drivers door was locked and all other doors open. WHY is my driver door locking on me ..this is dangerous! Any assistance is appreciated ...Thank you ...Jaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by JeffForst. Reason: miss spelling

Driver door locks preventing entry 3 years 9 months ago #1066

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 87

JeffForst wrote: Hello,
I have a 2012 XC60 with keyless entry and I carry that unit with me rather than leave in car. I've had recent issues where the driver door locks and prevents entry. For example, I open drivers door, realize I need to get into hatch, so I close the door, put luggage in the hatch and then try to get into drivers seat, but door is now locked while all other doors are open. I'm not sure why this is occurring but the only way I was able to correct after multiple tries, was to lock all doors and then open ...again this took a couple of tries. Another time, I started car from drivers seat, exited to chip ice off car. When I was ready to get back into car, the drivers door was locked and all other doors open. WHY is my driver door locking on me ..this is dangerous! Any assistance is appreciated ...Thank you ...Jaf

Welcome to the Forum.

After just reading Pages 50 through 60 of the owner's manual for the 2012 Volvo XC60...

tinyurl.com/ns7ju9x

...and all five pages of this...

www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=111519

...I am even more confused about your driver's door locking situation.

If the car is in a very cold environment when the problem exists does the door respond "normally" in warmer weather?

The car's menu includes many door locking options selectable by the owner. The menu items depend on which entry system your XC60 employs.

One of the UK responders (above) had the same problem and decided to just press the "unlock everything" button on the inside of the driver's door while exiting. Another stated that once all five doors are unlock he leaves the fob in the door pocket and the system "knows" not to lock any door. Be sure you have another fob on hand but more than 60 feet from the car.

If you enjoy risky behavior play around with the menus and let us know if the problem gets solved.

Thanks.

George Dill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.