Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Navigation - map heading 1 year 11 months ago #3956

• CREWahl
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 2020 XC60 with navigation. When it launches, the Map display defaults to “heading north”. You can change it to show the map as “direction of travel” so that your location stays fixed at the bottom of the screen by clicking the compass in the top right corner.

I'd like to set “direction of travel” as the default, but it keeps going back to “heading north”.

I know I was able to change that on my 2018 XC90, but I’ve not found any way to change it on this car. Suggestions? Has anyone dealt with this or solved it? (Didn’t see any threads dealing with this.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Navigation - map heading 1 year 11 months ago #3959

• CREWahl
  • Thank you received: 0
Follow-up . . .

Although there’s no specific documentation for this issue, I was able to solve it through persistence as well as trial and error.

Start the car. Make sure your profile is selected. Open the map, and touch the compass rose in the top right corner to set the view to reflect “direction of travel”.

Go to System -> Driver Profiles. Select your profile and select Edit Profile. Tell it to save current changes to your profile. Tap Protect Profile, and then select Close.

“Direction of travel” is now a preference associated with your profile. The map will now open with that view when your profile is selected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

Latest Classifieds