Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Marketplace Issues 3 years 7 months ago #3486

• hywel
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I'm sorry I dont know if this is the right place to point this out but I'm trying to buy the multimedia manuals etc from the website and when I try to plug in my billing address the site seems to crash with the following error:

Call to undefined method VirtuemartViewUser::vmValidator()

I'm running on a Mac, with Safari or Firefox - same issue on both - can you advise please?

Thanks!

- hywel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Marketplace Issues 3 years 7 months ago #3487

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136

Hi, I'm sorry I dont know if this is the right place to point this out but I'm trying to buy the multimedia manuals etc from the website and when I try to plug in my billing address the site seems to crash with the following error:

Call to undefined method VirtuemartViewUser::vmValidator()

I'm running on a Mac, with Safari or Firefox - same issue on both - can you advise please?

Thanks!

- hywel

Welcome to the Forum.

I see your want ad for a 780 - is this your attempted multimedia 700 manuals purchase?

I assume you are a full member of the VCOA and have logged on successfully.

Using my HP PC (Windows 8.1) and Chrome I managed to add the 700 manuals to the cart and clicked along to reach the PayPal prompt with no errors.

My Billing/Delivery address popped up "automatically" as the system grabbed it from my membership info. I made no effort to edit/change that address so may have not exercised the software that gave you the error.

Before we gently prod admin try this...

Log in then hover over "Members" on the main Page. Hover over "Profile" then click/touch "Edit Profile Details" then add/update the "Contact/Info" Tab using your Billing Address even if it not your contact address.

Log Off then open a new browser and log back on.

As a check go to Classifieds and click on "My Ads". If your 780 Ad pops up all is well.

Go to Multimedia in Marketplace and try the purchase links again.

If you get an error post it here and we will look for assistance.

Thanks.

George Dill

Marketplace Issues 3 years 7 months ago #3488

• hywel
Thank you for your response, and the warm welcome. I tried exactly what you mentioned and I get the same exact error message pop up on the screen as above (yes, you were correct - the 700 books were what I was looking for). One thing I neglected to mention first time around was that I did get a NOTICE at the top of the form that said:

Notice

Missing value for Address 1
Missing value for City
Missing value for State / Province / Region
Missing value for Zip / Postal Code
Missing value for Country
Missing value for Phone

My wife has a Windows laptop and will be back at the weekend. I'll try this again on her machine and will update accordingly before I bother anyone else.

Best,

- hywel

Marketplace Issues 3 years 7 months ago #3489

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136

Thank you for your response, and the warm welcome. I tried exactly what you mentioned and I get the same exact error message pop up on the screen as above (yes, you were correct - the 700 books were what I was looking for). One thing I neglected to mention first time around was that I did get a NOTICE at the top of the form that said:

Notice

Missing value for Address 1
Missing value for City
Missing value for State / Province / Region
Missing value for Zip / Postal Code
Missing value for Country
Missing value for Phone

My wife has a Windows laptop and will be back at the weekend. I'll try this again on her machine and will update accordingly before I bother anyone else.

Best,

- hywel

Here is a (recent) possible fix but you and I will need an admin to execute same.

forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=141196.0

Standby.

George Dill

Last edit: by gdill3. Reason: fix link

Marketplace Issues 3 years 7 months ago #3491

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
Hello Hywel and welcome to the VCOA.

We've recently updated some of the system software on the site and this issue popped up after a period of time, so we couldn't identify which update caused the problem. So yes, we are aware of the issue and have been working to correct it and now with the possible solution George discovered, we may be able to provide some relief.

At any rate, I applied the patches and tested address editing and I was able to edit the address successfully. This issue has been happening only for newer members, so I'm not totally convinced that this patch will correct all issues. But give it a go and let me know if it works for you or not. Please contact me directly through Web support .

BTW: it shouldn't matter what OS or browser you use to interact with the site as all should work much the same, other than a few browser specific display differences.

Good luck!

Ed McDermott
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Marketplace Issues 3 years 7 months ago #3493

• hywel
Brilliant! Worked like a charm! Thanks so very much, Ed!

Best,

- hywel

• Page:

Latest Classifieds