Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Volvo Car Club Get-together Fredericksburg Texas Saturday May 6 2017 5 years 3 months ago #2832

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136
Below are a few email responses to the Get-together invitation. In the early daze we sent out as many as 200 snailmails but today many folks can't remember where they put the letter opener.
--
"Have a bunch of Volvo parts to give away or whatever. We won't be able to make the May 6 meeting, but if you want them to take, they are yours."
Dick (Dr. Richard J. Riess, Temple, Texas, new XC60)
--
My Forester is currently overloaded with the good doctor's Volvo parts overflow - aluminum skid plate (850, S/V70), OE front and rear sway bars (XC60) and two huge and heavy blue cargo boxes full of alternators, electronic parts, etc. This stash will be at Pavilion 5 Saturday morning and everything is free to the first grabber including the five full-wheel hubcaps for a 1991 240.
--
"Sorry I can't make it. Our 60th high school reunion is set on that same day. Hope to get together with you on the next one."
Bill Springer (Georgetown, Texas, 1970 1800E, one-owner Red Beauty)
--
"Unfortunately Alison and I are unable to make the May event."
Ivan and Alison Thompson
--
"Hopefully will be able to make the Fredericksburg gathering and bring a few sets of my new, blue, powder-coated air filters. Thanks, Bill Langdon."
--
Bill markets custom-made (by him) 2-bolt and 3-bolt SU permanent air filters on eBay.
--
"I will be in Mexico City for the wedding of our niece. We added a 2017 Polstar to the 1971 142 and 1800 race car. George."
--
George Perry races old Volvos.
--
"I hope to get there. Hope all is well with you. John."
--
John Madden of Round Rock, Texas, has one of the most spectacular Amazons extant.
--
"See you there my friend!" Daryl Anderson
--
"We hope to attend, but will not know for sure for another month or so. For what it's worth, my "Yellow Rose" will be one of the classic cars on display at the Houston Auto Show in April."
Jim and Linda Ballentine, 1971 1800 E.
--

The Texas Chapter of the Volvo Club of America was born in 1995 and delivered by its first President, Dr. Al Ringle then of Waco, Texas. His most capable Secretary/Treasurer was Professor Ann Tofft and both guided the ship with a steady hand for many years. Ann has crossed the Great Divide and Al called yesterday to say that he will miss the Get-together as he is caring for his ailing wife while she recovers from an oral bone implant.
George and Jackie McDonald can't make it as his spine is fragile from 50 years of bending over round front fenders prepping Master's Class Best of Show classic Volvos.

Al, George Mc and I add up to 233 years so it is time to let go.

Now, some 22 years down the road, we old-timers are handing the Texas Chapter ship over to the young guns.

See y'all in Fredericksburg!

George Dill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volvo Car Club Get-together Fredericksburg Texas Saturday May 6 2017 5 years 3 months ago #2833

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Marvelous Meet and spectacular weather - a clear sunrise and 45F in Fredericksburg, Texas, this past May 6, 2017!

Thanks to all those Volvo Lovers that surrendered their weekend and shared their cars and stories with all.

The Texas Chapter of the Volvo Club of America now has a full slate of officers. President Chris Ng nominated Kerry O'Connor (Austin) for Vice-president who was elected by a unanimous vote. No nominations were needed for Secretary/Treasurer as Roger DeBlock (also from Austin) volunteered and was also unanimously voted in.

By default all attendees were granted membership in the Texas Chapter for the remainder of 2017. Some time before 2018 the Chapter will have a secure online Join/Renew site with PayPal. The dollar amount for Annual Chapter dues is TBD.

Thanks to Chris and Mark McGahan (Dallas - 1972 1800ES) for making this get-together a success.

Watch this space for pics.

George Dill

Last edit: by gdill3.

Volvo Car Club Get-together Fredericksburg Texas Saturday May 6 2017 5 years 3 months ago #2834

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Mark McGahan shared some high-resolution images on DROPBOX and I posted them on Facebook.

Here is the link...

tinyurl.com/kpp3mgg

...and please post up if this link does not click for you.

Thanks.

George Dill
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterS, Palantir

Volvo Car Club Get-together Fredericksburg Texas Saturday May 6 2017 5 years 2 months ago #2848

• Palantir
  • Thank you received: 1
Had a great time meeting many of you and seeing folks from the 512 Brewery meet!

A few photos I uploaded to Facebook:

Swedish cars and Texas meat
Lovingly preserved and original '67 122S
Rough and rambunctious B20 swapped '65 PV544
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterS

Latest Classifieds