TOPIC:

Volvo 1800S in Temple Texas April 2022. 3 months 3 days ago #4390

• gdill3
  • gdill3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136

Volvo 1800S in Temple Texas April 2022.

Another Classic Volvo rescued from obscurity on the Left Coast and rolled into sunny central Texas by Jeff Poss on behalf of his father.
--
Email from Jeff:

I purchased the P1800 from Duane Crandall of Washington State, in August of 2020. I purchased it through the Bring A Trailer website, BAT, which is an online auction site. I've included the details of that auction, with pictures and the car description here in this link.

bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-volvo-1800s-5/

My father had a 1971 P1800S also in red. He drove it while in Calgary back in the late 70's and early 80's. My sister and I were fortunate enough to drive the car while we both were in high school. I drove it in 1987 my senior year. Soon after I graduated my dad sold the car. It was in need of a lot of repairs and the floor was rotting through with rust. Since that time my dad has always talked about wishing he had kept it and fixed it up.

I am 52 now and have been watching the auctions for one for several years and have bid on several finally winning this one in 2020. I delivered it to my dad in New Braunfels in October 2020. He drove it around for about 6 months. His health and strength have been in decline so he has been garaging it. Neither of us could stand to see it sit in a garage so he allowed me to "steal" it back from him in early March.
My plans are to drive it on the weekends and to start the process of "fixing it up". Hopefully it will take me years:)

Jeff.
--
George Dill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

Latest Classifieds