Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2000 V70R Axle 1 year 8 months ago #3999

• sgriffiner
  • Thank you received: 0
I need to replace the front passenger side axle in my 2000 V70R. Apparently, this is a "one-off" year for the Rs, and this part (#8251521) is no longer available from Volvo or from any of the other sources I've used (including FCP Euro and IPD). 1998 & 99 Rs are not compatible. Any suggestions for a source or alternative fix? Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2000 V70R Axle 1 year 7 months ago #4002

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

I need to replace the front passenger side axle in my 2000 V70R. Apparently, this is a "one-off" year for the Rs, and this part (#8251521) is no longer available from Volvo or from any of the other sources I've used (including FCP Euro and IPD). 1998 & 99 Rs are not compatible. Any suggestions for a source or alternative fix? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Forum.

Here is a new one on eBay...

tinyurl.com/y4nv62t9

George Dill

Last edit: by gdill3. Reason: add link

2000 V70R Axle 1 year 7 months ago #4005

• sgriffiner
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, George! I purchased a similar axle -- but it didn't fit (too big). The 2000 Rs are unique. Axles that fit all other 1998-2000 V70s don't work, even though the vendors include the Rs in the list of cars they will fit. A bit frustrating! I'm left with trying to locate an original part, which means a wrecking yard (probably not a good option!), someone who happens to have one stashed in their garage, or maybe Volvo in Sweden. I'm facing the same issue with the ABS pump. Nothing in the US! Dealer trying to get from Sweden, but backordered indefinitely. Patience, I guess. Again, thanks!

--Sean Griffin

• Page: