Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Oct 2017
Well, you've probably noticed by now that things look a little different around here. You are a keen observer!

The whole site is new and that includes all of the software that drives this forum. With probably over 10,000 settings and hundreds of back-end programs trying to talk to one another, there are bound to be a few glitches that we haven't discovered yet. So, if you happen to stumble upon anything that just doesn't seem right, give us a shout and we'll try to sort it out.

Thanks for using the VCOA Forum and enjoy the new look!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question tire noise on C-70

tire noise on C-70 4 years 1 month ago #848

• Bosworth
  • Bosworth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought a 2008 C-70 w/10,078 miles on it , this month 2 years ago. I now have about 31,000 miles, and the tire noise on this vehicle has been bad since the day I first drove it. Have rotated and balanced, but no improvemet. My tires are EOM Michlien all season. I have a friend w/a C-70 also, one year newer, and she has the same problem, w/different tires. I want to replace the tires, but all the reviews I read include some w/loud tire noise. Anybody have a C-70 w/quiet tires, and if so, what the hell are they?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: tire noise on C-70 4 years 1 month ago #850

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 87

Bosworth wrote: I bought a 2008 C-70 w/10,078 miles on it , this month 2 years ago. I now have about 31,000 miles, and the tire noise on this vehicle has been bad since the day I first drove it. Have rotated and balanced, but no improvemet. My tires are EOM Michlien all season. I have a friend w/a C-70 also, one year newer, and she has the same problem, w/different tires. I want to replace the tires, but all the reviews I read include some w/loud tire noise. Anybody have a C-70 w/quiet tires, and if so, what the hell are they?

Welcome to the Forum, Dan.

It appears your C70 is among many with tire noise being a common owner complaint.

Some of this may be attributed to the "sporty" suspension by design.

The OE tires on my '09 Forester were very noisy so I went with the top-rated Michelin Primacy MXV4 as the ratings indicated a quiet ride.

These Michelins are indeed quieter than the OE Bridgestones but recent reviews by actual owners don't find the Michelins as quiet as "promoted" - expensive, too.

Having done huge googling on this subject I agree with you that if there be a quiet tire out there it appears everybody is being very quiet about it!

George Dill

Last Edit: by gdill3.

Re: tire noise on C-70 3 years 11 months ago #937

• Bosworth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
In regards to tire noise on my C-70...decided on new tires, and when I had them installed, I decided to have the car re-aligned. To my surprise the rear end could not be done, until after market arms were installed so the rear tires could be adjusted. Factory parts are not adjustable, and the tires are toed in, thus the excessive wear that caused the really bad tire noise. It cost me approx. $375, but it was worth it.....right now I feel like I am driving a different car...QUIET, QUIET, QUIET! I love my C-70 again....

tire noise on C-70 3 years 11 months ago #938

• Bosworth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I forgot to say the tire I put on were top of the line Goodyear, and they are great.

tire noise on C-70 3 years 1 month ago #1450

• 2red4u2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thinking of putting Primacy MXM4(Grand Touring All-Season) on my 2010 C70 T5. We live in PA and we do get some snow. Unfortunately, for now, this is my only drive. Has anyone used these tires on their C70? If so, how did they work?

Thanks

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.