Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Oct 2013
The VCOA Forum is open for non-member participation! You do not need to be a paid VCOA member to post and respond to forum threads.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock

My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 4 years 2 months ago #829

• Happysap
  • Happysap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What does this mean, has anyone had this? $$?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 4 years 2 months ago #830

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 89

Happysap wrote: What does this mean, has anyone had this? $$?

Welcome to the Forum, Mary Jo.

The message is usually caused by a failed alarm siren module. The non-response to the fobs (and no-work sunroof) should be remedied by the new module. Be sure the fobs have fresh batteries.

Although the new module can be installed by the owner without needing the Volvo maintenance software interface it may be a good idea to allow a Volvo dealer to do the repair.

Please let us know how this goes.

Thanks.

George Dill

Re: My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 4 years 2 months ago #831

• Happysap
  • Happysap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the information. Coincidentally, my sunroof didnt open a while back, I haven't tried it since, didn't want to be stuck in the rain. I'm trying a non-dealer for service. But I'll use the dealer for this one. Thanks again.

Re: My XC-70 says alarm system needs service. Car requires key to unlock 2 years 3 weeks ago #2085

• Robert855T5
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Just picked up a 2005 XC70 and got the same message. The module was replaced with another serviceable unit, but not new, and I still get the message.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds