Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Timing Belt Question and Recommendation Request 2 years 3 months ago #3845

• jlamuraglia
  • jlamuraglia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I just purchased a 2007 V70 base with 68K miles on the clock. The timing belt has not been changed. Questiion for you all: should I get it replaced before I drive it from FL to MA? I have
trusted mechanics here in Boston but I am not sure I should take the chance of driving it all the way home without changing it.

That leads to my next question: does anyone have a trusted Volvo mechanic in the Tampa area?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Timing Belt Question and Recommendation Request 2 years 3 months ago #3846

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136

I just purchased a 2007 V70 base with 68K miles on the clock. The timing belt has not been changed. Questiion for you all: should I get it replaced before I drive it from FL to MA? I have
trusted mechanics here in Boston but I am not sure I should take the chance of driving it all the way home without changing it.

That leads to my next question: does anyone have a trusted Volvo mechanic in the Tampa area?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on acquiring an as-new Volvo Wagon.

Before considering a Tampa-based Volvo shop have a look at Tricia and Bill Rose and their Volvo business in Naples...

www.acnvolvo.com/Home_Page.html

Yes, this would add some miles to your total journey but your wagon would then be ready for many trouble-free miles at a reasonable price plus guarantee.

Is this your first Volvo?

Thanks.

George Dill

Timing Belt Question and Recommendation Request 2 years 3 months ago #3847

• jlamuraglia
Thanks George! I am the proud owner of a 2004 XC70 and I have had many Volvos over the years. I found my latest near my sisters in Largo and got it for a great price. Just need to get it back to MA and
must get the timing belt done before that happens. Sadly, Naples is too far the wrong direction :-(

If anyone else has recommendations for a good shop near Largo/Tampa, I am all ears. The dealer wants $1000. I can get it done for $500 up here at my mechanic.

Timing Belt Question and Recommendation Request 2 years 2 months ago #3856

• tkmccarty
Did you check the back sections of the latest Rolling magazine for any locations in the Tampa area?
2010 C30 T5, 2102 C30 T5, 2013 C30 T5 R-Design, 2015 V60 T6 AWD

Timing Belt Question and Recommendation Request 2 years 2 months ago #3857

• jlamuraglia
I did not but that is a great suggestion. The Volvo dealer in Tarton Springs is running a 25% off major repair special so I am getting it done there. $600!

• Page:

Latest Classifieds