Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2007 P2 V70 2.5T 205/55/16 wheels? 2 years 9 months ago #3702

• LoisLi
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2007 P2 V70 2.5T (and joined this club!) and I find its wheel size to be odd. From basically all of the information I gathered online, this particular trim in this model year should come with 215/55 R16 wheels as standard (with the Eurus rim). My car, indeed, has the Eurus rims.

However, on the driver's door tag, it clearly reads 205/55 R16 for its wheel size. I'm pretty sure this is a 2.5T model instead of a base 2.4 trim because position 6-7 on the VIN is "59" which is for the 2.5T engine.

So I'm wondering if you all know something about this odd wheel size equipment. It was sold originally in Chicago, IL and has stayed in Illinois for its entire lifespan, so it doesn't look like it's a trim for a foreign market. Corrective info or thoughts are appreciated! Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by LoisLi.

2007 P2 V70 2.5T 205/55/16 wheels? 2 years 9 months ago #3703

• gdill3
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136

Hi all,

I recently bought a 2007 P2 V70 2.5T (and joined this club!) and I find its wheel size to be odd. From basically all of the information I gathered online, this particular trim in this model year should come with 215/55 R16 wheels as standard (with the Eurus rim). My car, indeed, has the Eurus rims.

However, on the driver's door tag, it clearly reads 205/55 R16 for its wheel size. I'm pretty sure this is a 2.5T model instead of a base 2.4 trim because position 6-7 on the VIN is "59" which is for the 2.5T engine.

So I'm wondering if you all know something about this odd wheel size equipment. It was sold originally in Chicago, IL and has stayed in Illinois for its entire lifespan, so it doesn't look like it's a trim for a foreign market. Corrective info or thoughts are appreciated! Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum.

You are correct in that your '07 V70 was available with the Eurus 16" wheel. According to your post, the tire size currently on your wagon is 215/55 R16.

The door tag shows the factory recommended tire size as 205/55 R16. Both tire sizes run just fine on the Eurus 16" wheel.

Below are some links with detailed wheel fitment information for "modern" Volvo models to include your V70.

Enjoy.

George Dill

www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10128/volvo-oem-wheel-cross-reference

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: 70s1V2XCs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

Latest Classifieds