Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2016 XC70 T5 AWD handling 1 year 8 months ago #3978

• BholaNath
  • Thank you received: 0
This car feels a little loose around curves and over bumps, including understeer in long, high-speed freeway curves. I have seen the IPD rear sway bar recommended but still have doubts that upgrading only the rear won't make the car even more unbalanced.
I have Bilstein HD shocks in a 240 which really flattens and tightens handling. Wondering if I shouldn't just upgrade all four shocks in the XC70 to Bilstein B6, if that's the only upgrade I am planning for now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2016 XC70 T5 AWD handling 1 year 6 months ago #4029

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
I've also been struggling with the handling of my 2010 XC70 for some time now and finally bit the bullet and had it serviced. It would sway at odd angles when going over RR tracks or almost seem to bottom out at times. I replaced the rear shocks about a year ago and that helped to some degree, but did not eliminate the sway. I had also purchased front struts and caps some months ago, but due to a shoulder injury, I was not able to install them. So along with the service check-up, I had those installed as well.

To my surprise, what they found was a broken link on the front sway bar, a broken rear spring (fairly common I’m told), and a broken engine pad. After everything was replaced, the car feels like it did when new. My XC has about 128K on the clock, so yours might not be ready for the shocks, but the spring and links might be a good place to start.
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: