Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Oct 2017
Well, you've probably noticed by now that things look a little different around here. You are a keen observer!

The whole site is new and that includes all of the software that drives this forum. With probably over 10,000 settings and hundreds of back-end programs trying to talk to one another, there are bound to be a few glitches that we haven't discovered yet. So, if you happen to stumble upon anything that just doesn't seem right, give us a shout and we'll try to sort it out.

Thanks for using the VCOA Forum and enjoy the new look!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels

Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels 4 years 8 months ago #644

• 123GT
  • 123GT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all. I am looking for a shop to powder coat a set of wheels for my 122S wagon to approximate as much as possible the original finish. I am hoping that this will be more durable than simply sandblasting and painting. I am located in Connecticut.

Does anyone have experience with powder coating vs. painting?

Don J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Powder Coating/Painting Amazon wheels 4 years 8 months ago #645

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 87

123GT wrote: Hi all. I am looking for a shop to powder coat a set of wheels for my 122S wagon to approximate as much as possible the original finish. I am hoping that this will be more durable than simply sandblasting and painting. I am located in Connecticut.

Does anyone have experience with powder coating vs. painting?

Don J

Welcome to the Forum, Don.

Indeed, I have refinished a goodly number of Amazon wheels but powder coating was high science at the time.

My experiences with super-hard finishes in a spray can tell me that the wheels look great until you mount the tire with a power mounter. Not sure if powder coat is immune to scratches.

On my '68 Amazon wagon (now gone) the wheels had the OE accessory chrome beauty ring and the OE hubcap which left very little wheel visible.

ipd markets a wheel paint near the correct wheel color and your local auto parts house has it also.

Contact these folks...

www.ctwheelrepair.com/contact.html

...for some ideas on wheel finishes, repair, prices, etc.

Please let us know what you decide so we can admire your new wheels.

Thanks.

George Dill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.