Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats

Re: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 8 months ago #836

• jimbxc70
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been seeing this problem for a while on my Cayman Sand Beige seats and it only happens with my wife's jeans. My regular 505' s don't leave any color. I have found that if I wipe the passenger seat with a damp towel it removes most of the color. Fortunately our new 2013 XC 70 has beautiful Espresso Brown leather seats so they don't show the color transfer. I have however noticed that the soft plastic at the out board side of the driver's seat where the seat belt anchors seems to be permanently stained. Not a problem since we are so impressed with the car.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 month 3 weeks ago #1765

I am having the same problem with my 2015/XC60. I even paid an extra $600 to have it Simonized. If I had known about this problem I would have never gotten the beige/sand leather interior. I need to figure out if seat covers are available. The problem with that is there are air bags in the seat. Oh and BTW, I've only had the car3 months and the seats were getting black from my wife's jeans.

Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 month 3 weeks ago #1766

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 43
wooster74@hotmail.com wrote:
I am having the same problem with my 2015/XC60. I even paid an extra $600 to have it Simonized. If I had known about this problem I would have never gotten the beige/sand leather interior. I need to figure out if seat covers are available. The problem with that is there are air bags in the seat. Oh and BTW, I've only had the car3 months and the seats were getting black from my wife's jeans.

The black jeans may have been color-destabilized by the gasoline fumes from the leaking injector on the '71 1800E - fixed?

Share with your spouse that beige/sand jeans are now all the rage.

Also share with us how you manage to get the discoloration removed from the seats.

Here is a relevant discussion...

tinyurl.com/nytuzqn

A bit too late for your situation but the mentioned cold water/vinegar treatment on new jeans does lock in the color.

You may have noticed that I have resisted all urges to ask if the front seats have seen any untoward vigorous activity.

George Dill
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

We have 65 guests and one member online

• Karnsxc90
You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums V70 & XC70 (2008 - Current) Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats